MedReturn boxes huge success for Sierra Vista | Environment
In just one week over 40 pounds of medication was deposited in the MedReturn boxes located at the Sierra Vista Police and Fire Stations. MedReturn boxes were installed to better serve the community by providing permanent locations for the citizens of Sierra Vista to safely dispose of unused medications.
The MedReturn box at the Sierra Vista Police Department is located in the main lobby and is available 24 hours a day. The MedReturn boxes at each Fire Station are located outside by the main entrance to the station.
Medications that are accepted:
- prescription pads
- prescription medications
- prescription ointments
- over-the-counter medications
- medication samples
- medications for pets
Items NOT accepted:
- hydrogen peroxide
- aerosol cans
- or medications from businesses, doctors’ offices, or clinics
MedReturn Box Locations:
- Sierra Vista Police Department – 911 N. Coronado Drive
- Fire Station 1 – 1295 E. Fry Blvd.
- Fire Station 2 – 4127 Avenida Cochise
- Fire Station 3 – 675 Giulio Cesare Ave.