Sierra Vista's Inaugural Heaping Helping Restaurant Event | Community Spirit
Circle April 16 through 18 on your calendar for the launching of the very first Heaping Helping Restaurant Event in Sierra Vista. The City’s Tourism Commission organized this event to promote awareness of and raise funds for charities and non-profit organizations.
During this three day event, participating restaurants have pledged to donate at least 10 percent of the cost of each diner’s meal to their partnering non-profit organizations. When visiting one of the participating restaurants, remember to mention to the server the name of the restaurant’s charity or non-profit organization partner.
“The people in our community have always been very generous “givers,” said Terry Kimbley, Chair, Tourism Commission. “They donate to and volunteer at organizations who help those less fortunate and those who elevate our quality of life. And our restaurants are equally generous in supporting community events and ventures. We, the Tourism Commission, are confident that our community will embrace the Heaping Helping Restaurant Event and support the non-profit organizations while having a delicious meal at one of the participating restaurants.”
The restaurants and partnering non-profit organizations are:
- Texas Roadhouse – Berean Academy
- Taqueria la Taquiza – St. Paul Missionary Baptist Church Vision Center
- Down Home BBQ – St. Paul Missionary Baptist Church
- SUBStandards – St. Paul Missionary Baptist Church Outreach Ministries
- Texas Roadhouse – World Radio Network dba 90.9 The Spark
- Outback Steakhouse – Good Neighbor Alliance
- Vinny’s New York Pizza – Buena High School Project Graduation
- Manda Le Restaurant and Lounge – US TOO International Prostate Cancer Support
- Applebee’s – Cochise County Council for CASA
- The German Café – Buena High School Robotics Club
- Landmark Café – SHARC
- Trattoria Ragazzi – Sierra Vista Symphony Association
- Chili’s – Boots for Our Troops
- MIA’s Mexican Grille – Cochise County Humane Society
- Maestro’s at the Windemere – Sierra Vista Historical Society
- Lucky Wishbone – Girl Scouts
- Pizza Hut Italian Bistro – NAMI – National Alliance on Mental Illness
This list can also be found on our websites -- www.SierraVistaAZ.gov or www.VisitSierraVista.com – by clicking on the Heaping Helping Restaurant Event logo, or stop by the Sierra Vista Visitor Center in the Oscar Yrun Community Center at 3020 East Tacoma Street for a flyer.