Sierra Vista mall offers community events thru the holidays | Community Spirit
The following is a news release from the Mall at Sierra Vista:
The Mall at Sierra Vista, transformed into a holiday hotspot with festive décor, fun-filled activities and rewarding deals, is primed and ready to deliver holiday cheer and merriment this season.
This season, shoppers can expect special perks and merry surprises including the Festival of Trees, gift card giveaways, story time with Mrs. Claus, pet photos with Santa, a stunning 25-foot tall decorated tree that can be seen from Hwy.92, and much more to make it a destination that is sure to make it truly “the most wonderful time of the year.”
Just in time for the holidays, GGP launched a newly enhanced version of its mobile application, “The Club,” that is sure to arm today’s on-the-go shopper with a revolutionary shopping tool. Features include real-time retail sales and mall event updates, Google® Maps navigation, live Facebook® feeds, Shop Etc. gift card balance updates, play-a-day games and more. The application allows users to customize their preferences so their favorite or local GGP mall’s information is displayed. Android and iPhone users can download the free application through the App Store or Android Market by searching The Club Shopping Mall Guide.
Shoppers can also stay in touch during the holidays by “liking” the Mall at Sierra Vista on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheMallAtSierraVista or by visiting www.themallatsierravista.com to sign up for event activities, special offers and retailer savings.
Special holiday experiences this season include:
Festival of Trees
- Beginning on Sunday, November 20, through Thursday, December 1, businesses, groups, organizations and individuals will celebrate the Festival of Trees and decorate trees, wreaths, gingerbread houses, and holiday center pieces to be displayed, judged and sold with all proceeds benefiting the Sierra Vista Regional Health Center Foundation. The public can purchase ornaments at this seasonal sensation and help decorate one of the trees, which will then be donated to a local charity.
“Jump on the Jingle” Black Friday Event
- The best part of Black Friday? Retailer discounts and mall giveaways of course! Opening at 6 a.m. on November 25, the Mall at Sierra Vista will treat early-bird guests to a $10 GGP Shop Etc. Gift Card, while supplies last, when they spend $100 or more in mall purchases made that day. Redeemable at the Merrier Shopping Redemption Zone located near the Food Court.
Stuff the Bus for Special Olympics
- On Friday, November 25, the Sierra Vista Police Department and Cochise County Sherriff’s Department will park one of their cruisers inside the Mall at Sierra Vista, one near the food court entrance and the other near the entrance closest to Hibbett Sports, in a one day competition to raise funds for Special Olympics. Guests are encouraged to place money through the open window of the parked cruisers to help raise funds for this meaningful cause.
St. Nick’s Pet Pics
- Every Monday from November 21 through December 12 is St. Nick’s Pet Pics night from 4 p.m. to close at the Mall at Sierra Vista. Holiday guests are invited to bring along their favorite four-legged shopping buddy to capture an adorable holiday photograph with Old St. Nick. Forget a frigid walk around the block; treat your favorite furry companion to a special mall trip to celebrate the holidays this season.
Story Time with Mrs. Claus
- Holiday favorites will be read aloud as Santa seekers wait anxiously to share their holiday wishes. Every Friday, December 2, 9, and 16 adults and children of all ages are invited to gather around and listen to Mrs. Claus as she shares holiday stories and a chance to celebrate the special tales that make the season so memorable.
New Retailers Now Open!
- Don’t forget, Children’s Place, Hickory Farms, Victoria’s Secret, Dillard’s, Maurice’s, Best Buy, Pac Sun, Hot Topic, Hibbett Sports and Finishline are now open at the Mall at Sierra Vista – so be sure to stop in, shop and save big!